VoltServer is seeking a Electrical Engineer to join our growing R&D team. We are seeking an individual with electronics systems modeling and research experience that can help with a variety of R&D projects which may include circuit analysis, simulation design, technical research, managing and running tests, brainstorming new ideas, supporting technical issues, etc. Your exact background isn’t critical, but you will need a good understanding of modeling and simulation of electronic systems in order to be successful in this role. You should be creative with an aptitude to learn new things and an excellent team player.
- Design and implement models and simulations of analog electronic circuits
- Design and manage tests to evaluate hypotheses methodically
- Read technical research papers to build off existing ideas
- Write technical documents to share knowledge and results
- Brainstorm and pursue new ideas collaboratively as well as independently in a research environment
- Provide support for team in troubleshooting real world effects in the field and in development
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree (or higher) or equivalent experience related to electronics
- At least 3 years of experience with electronics
- Experience with circuit design software, especially LTspice, MATLAB, Simulink
- Familiarity with using C code in MATLAB function blocks preferred
- Strong electromagnetic circuit theory understanding and ability to apply to problem analysis
- Open approach towards problem-solving is a must have
- Circuit analysis/debugging experience, including reading schematics and component datasheets
- Experience with standard electronics lab equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, temperature chambers, load banks, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, especially report writing
- Experience managing small or large projects in an electronics development environment
- Ability to coordinate work with other team members for successful project execution
- Ability to work independently, manage your own time and priorities, strong organizational skills
- Other engineering skills such as programming, circuit design, schematic entry, PCB design, embedded systems development, communications protocols (CAN, SPI, etc.), material engineering, quality, soldering, coding, circuit troubleshooting, etc. are a plus
VoltServer is an innovative company that has been the first to pioneer Digital Electricity. We apply power electronics and digital signal processing to “encode” electricity in discrete, traceable packets containing both energy and data – it is safe to touch, even at high voltages. Digital Electricity™ reduces installation time and cost, and allows intelligent, fine-grained control and telemetry of equipment. We are rapidly developing game-changing solutions for mobile network infrastructure, solar energy, solid state lighting and data centers.
Our offices are based in the vibrant waterfront community of East Greenwich, Rhode Island, just a short commute from Providence. We offer competitive compensation including salary, generous paid leave and comprehensive health plan coverage.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)