**To be considered, applicants MUST HAVE:
5 years plus Swiss Turn/ Mill Turn experience
Recent Hands on work
ESPRIT is a plus
At Daniel Defense Only the Best Build the Best…
Daniel Defense engineers and manufactures the world’s finest weapon systems and accessories. We are intensely focused on providing top quality small arms solutions to our military and law enforcement communities as well as to civilians seeking premium rifles for home defense, hunting and sport shooting.
The CNC Machinist/Programmer will be responsible for the functions outlined below
- Responsible for demonstrating commitment to and leadership of environmental health and safety principles, policies and procedures.
- This job is mainly one of Programming and Set-up until the release to production as well as willingness to operate machinery as necessary.
- Create machine programs manually and with the aid of Cam softwares.
- Knowledge of current market cutting tools and the ability to select and test cutting tools for the best machining efficiencies and tool life.
- Train and mentor other employees in the operation of equipment, machine set-ups, general machining, and programming.
- Design simple work holding solutions.
- Responsible for the basic upkeep and corrections to programs along with process improvements.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Meets quota and production requirements set by Applications Manager.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new assembly requirements.
- Perform repetitive inspection of parts using precision instruments such as micrometers, height gages, calipers and indicators.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under immediate supervision from Applications Manager.
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate or necessary by the Applications manager or management.
- Able to live by and uphold the core values of a Daniel Defense employee.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- GD&T, Mastercam, Esprit, SolidWorks.
- 7+ years of experience preferred.
- Proficient in the uses of Cad & Cam software.
- Able to create Work Instructions and program set up sheets.
- Proficient with Geometric Design and Tooling and blueprint reading.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and work in accordance with our Permission to Play Values.
- Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending throughout the work day.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include working in and around machinery, exposure to noise and chemicals, lights/lasers, etc.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment as required by your position and/or Company policy.
Daniel Defense is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and promotes a Drug-Free Workplace.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to the job. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this job. Responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of the employer and do not establish a contract of employment – Daniel Defense is an at-will employer.