ACT Renewables Control Center Operator or Engineer
ACT Power Services was created to provide industry leading services for our clients. As an independent service provider for solar and storage technologies, we avoid conflicts of interest and maintain a complete focus on our clients’ needs. We have taken a no-frills approach to developing our organization to ensure our clients are only paying for services that add value. ACT then leverages a world-class team, state of the art technology, and best-in-class operating practices to ensure every facility is operated in a manner that maximizes production, preserves compliance, and ensures the safety of our personnel and communities. Our vision is to reshape the industry’s benchmark for renewable operations and create the next generation of O&M provider.
The ACT Renewables Control Center (The ARCC) is our organization's central nervous system and is responsible for back office technical support, remote operations, and process administration. The Control Center Operator/Engineer will perform monitoring and control, remote investigations, performance analysis, and provide technical support to our field technicians and operators. This is a critical position in our organization and will interface with a wide variety of stakeholders both within and external to the organization. This will also be an opportunity to get involved on the ground floor of our organization and help us shape everything from our policies to our corporate culture.
- Develop procedures and tools necessary for the efficient operation of a diverse fleet of solar and storage facilities
- Both real-time and long-term monitoring the operation and performance of solar and/or storage projects through remote DAS and SCADA systems.
- Respond to system alarms and abnormal facility conditions by taking remote actions or alerting responsible parties
- Provide a central point of contact and support for plant managers, field operators, utilities, and external clients regarding performance, control, and maintenance schedules.
- Site performance reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Root cause analysis and performance improvement recommendations of underperforming systems.
- Bachelors or Masters in technical field of study such as engineering, technology, or physics. An Associate degree with professional training or certifications may be considered in lieu of a four-year degree.
- Working knowledge of science and theory of electrical systems
- Experience monitoring, troubleshooting, and/or operation in a power generation facility or other industrial facilities
- Experience with electrical maintenance, including PV technology, DC systems, AC systems, and network communications and monitoring.
- Experience with Distribution and Transmission System Operations preferably NERC System Operator Certified or equivalent.
- Diagnostic capabilities to troubleshoot and correct a broad range of network or system issues
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical diagrams
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Experience working with a computerized maintenance management and scheduling system
- Employees must be able to maintain unescorted access to NERC regulated facilities
- Control Center personnel must complete all ACT provided training requirements necessary for the safe and compliant remote operation of solar and storage facilities
- Work is to be primarily performed in an office environment. However, all personnel are expected to occasionally perform site visits for training and technical support.
- After initial training, this position will require a rotating shift schedule, as well as on-call periods, and candidate is expected to be available holidays/weekends as required.
Morrisville, NC 27560
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place