This position is located in Philadelphia, PA
Relocation is offered to the right candidate.
InnaMed is a Y Combinator alum and VC-backed startup developing an at-home blood testing device with telemedicine capabilities for post-acute and chronic illness monitoring. By enabling patients to perform disease-specific blood tests at home, InnaMed aims to empower providers to implement biomarker-guided therapies. The company’s electrochemical immunoassay diagnostics platform is covered by several patents and publications. We see this technology as the future of healthcare - using data-driven interventions to reduce avoidable expenditure while improving outcomes.
Our team consists of scientists and engineers from the University of Pennsylvania and Stanford. We are passionate about improving upon the cost, access, and quality of global healthcare and we are currently looking for a microfluidics engineer to join this cause. Specifically, we are looking for individuals with strong experience in the industrial design of microfluidic chips for applications in point of care diagnostics.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Travel Reimbursement
- Prototype fully integrated microfluidic chips for applications in point of care diagnostics.
- Work with contract manufacturing organizations to translate prototypes to production units.
- Document experiments, analyze outcomes, and draft proposals, reports, publications, and patents.
- BSc, BEng and/or MSc, Ph.D. and have demonstrated academic success in physics, mechanical engineering, bioengineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial (preferred) or academic setting working on the R&D and translation to manufacturing for diagnostic devices, biosensors, and microfluidic-based devices.
- 2+ years of microfluidic design + fabrication experience using various materials and integrating electrodes.
- 1+ years of experience using diaphragm pumps, blister packs, valves and mixing/incubation steps on chip.
- 1+ years of experience with thermoplastics and injection molding for microfluidics applications.
- 1+ years of experience with on chip reagent deposition (e.g., antibodies, DNA oligos via lyophilization).
- 1+ years of experience translating lab developed tech to manufactured, commercialization ready units.
- 1+ years of experience in electrochemistry and immunoassays (Preferred).
- 1+ years of experience establishing and working within a Quality System (Preferred).
- 1+ years of startup experience (Preferred).
- Knowledge of COMSOL and Python (Preferred).
- Awareness of FDA regulations for in vitro diagnostic manufacturers (Preferred).
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with previous experience working in small teams.
- Attributes: enthusiasm, decisiveness, adaptability to changing business requirements, self-starter.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English).
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Indeed Hire and InnaMed, Inc. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- microfluidic design + fabrication: 2 years (Required)
- R&D and translation to manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)