Working for the City of Burlington
A great career is closer than you think. Come work for the City of Burlington, where you’ll be joining an innovative and progressive workplace focused on building a 21st century city that respects the diversity of our residents, visitors and employees; and prioritizes continuous opportunities for you to learn and grow.
Reporting to an Operations Coordinator and working out of one of the City’s arenas and/or pools, the Arena/Pool Operator’s primary function is to operate and maintain the City’s public arenas and pools.
The successful applicant will:
- Prepare, maintain and remove ice surfaces as well as monitor and adjust the refrigeration equipment and keep appropriate records.
- Perform minor building renovations and set-up/take down of rooms for scheduled rentals as well as provide janitorial services and maintain related inventory.
- Provide front line customer service and maintain building and patron safety.
- Provide training/task supervision to part-time staff.
- In this position you will be expected to drive your own personal vehicle to different facilities every shift.
The successful applicant will have experience using an ice resurfacer and edger, along with various power/hand tools.
The incumbent will also be comfortable troubleshooting issues with compressors, motors and pumps. The selected applicant must have basic computer skills to operate e-mail and Microsoft Office applications as well as possess or be able to obtain Standard First Aid and CPR C + AED. Certified Ice Technician (CIT) and/or accreditation with CPO/ Class A Pools are considered an asset. This position will work a rotating day/afternoon schedule, including evenings and weekends.
A Class B Refrigeration Certification and/or stationery 4th Class engineer will be considered an asset.
Police Check Requirement:
This position requires the successful candidate to provide a clear criminal record check at their own expense, dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the City of Burlington accommodates the individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call us at 905-335-7602 or email us at: email@example.com if you require accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Location: 426 Brant Street,Burlington,Ontario L7R 3Z6, Burlington, ON
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract