Software Engineer II
Embedded Software Innovations (ESI), the software division of Advanced Logistics Support Corporation, is looking for a Software Engineer II with a strong background in avionics and embedded Linux. The candidate will work on developing and testing embedded software for commercial avionics flight displays. The candidate must be experienced in developing low level device drivers in a Linux environment. In addition, the candidate must have experience in commercial avionics and DO-178. Experience in graphics, OpenGL, and iData are desired.
The Software Engineer II will work closely with a team comprised of systems engineers, hardware engineers, and software engineers. The team will develop, design, integrate, and test the avionics flight displays and other associated avionics systems. The Software Engineer II will become an integral part of the team and will be expected to reach across boundaries and assist other team members to ensure the successful development of the avionics systems.
Education and Experience
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field. 2+ years of relevant experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define, analyze, and review software requirements.
- Implement software solutions based on those requirements to meet customer needs, system quality, and performance standards.
- Design software architecture and interfaces for single and multicore processors.
- Design low level device drivers for Linux or RTOS systems.
- Collaborate with systems engineers and hardware engineers in planning design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility.
- Write test plans and test cases.
- Conduct unit and system-level testing.
- Conduct verification and validation (V&V) testing.
- Perform systems integration.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong communications skills
- Team player that is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field
- Experience with Graphics Applications and tools, such as Open GL
- Extensive Software development in C and/or C++
- Knowledge of embedded operating systems (Linux, RTOS)Low level device drive development experience
- Commercial avionics systems experience
- DO-178 experience
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- 401K with company match
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 2 years (Required)
- C++: 2 years (Required)
- avionics: 2 years (Required)
- C: 2 years (Required)
- Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Preferred)