The primary responsibility of the Quality Process Engineer is to update and maintain our Quality Management System to maintain our IATF 16949 certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
- Maintain current data on company intranet including, but not limited to: Organizational Charts, work instructions, control plans, and various other forms.
- Participates in open book management processes
- Follows quality processes to ensure IATF 16949 certification.
- Ensure adherence to safety rules and practices.
- Represents Quality Department during Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Assists the Director of Quality in developing the Quality Department’s budget
- Responsible to submit and maintain records of corrective actions
- Responsible to assist external IATF 16949 Auditor during formal audit process
- Submits and tracks Parts Submission Warrants (PSW) for all major customers
- Tracks customer approval of submitted PCR’s and Reman Engineering Release (RER’s)
- Documents PCRs, through the IATF system and notifies internal and external customers
- Participates in Process Change Requests (PCR) process including documenting: PCR’s submission, progress and conclusions
- Maintains audit schedule and performs internal and external quality audits within all SRC Automotive departments
- Responsible to Chair Quality Meetings for IATF 16949 Quality Management Review
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions for periods of time is possible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Sitting 70%, standing/walking 30%. Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED is required. AA/AS Degree in Automotive Technology, Business Management, or related discipline preferred.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers. To talk to others to convey information effectively. To give people your full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand. The knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Strong technical knowledge of Marine and Automotive powertrain products.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events.)
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production or technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Requires the desire to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training and education. Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Self-assured and confident in a variety of settings. Has a strong belief in own capabilities.
- Must have the ability to multi-task by balancing/prioritizing multiple projects/cases at any given time. Ability to manage ones own time and the time of others.
- Requires effective relationship management skills with co-workers in a team environment.
- Requires the desire to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training and education.
- Computer literacy required. Must be proficient in Windows environments. Working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, e-mail, and Web-enabled applications.
- Ability to translate data or explaining what information means and how it can be used. Ability to compile, code, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, or verify information or data.
- Ability to use computer systems to retrieve, write, update, and post documents on company and customer websites and other electronic forms.