Sonnax manufacturing is seeking a CNC Setup/Operator to work with an experienced team in a dynamic and action-oriented Continuous Improvement environment. This position will be responsible for the setting up and operation of CNC mills and lathes to produce parts to print specifications. Machine types include Haas, Hardinge and Mitsubishi lathes and mills. An ideal candidate for this role should pay strong attention to detail, is committed to workplace safety, and maintains a constant quality mindset in all work.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
- Interpret engineering drawings to understand tolerances of the parts to be machined.
- Interpret setup documentation and tooling sheets to setup a variety of jobs.
- Setup and operate CNC machines to meet parts per hour requirements.
- Perform quality checks and make necessary adjustments to hold dimensions and tolerances.
- Makes necessary offset and program adjustments or requests program updates from programmer in order to hold dimensions and tolerances to print specifications.
- Takes proper care of all Sonnax tools and equipment.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years prior machining experience.
- Ability to read blueprints and to use and read precision measuring tools.
- Understanding of basic shop math including decimal/fraction conversion.
No restrictions on wearing required PPE for area, including safety eyewear and steel toed shoes and lifting up to 40 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Employees are required to upload vaccine information to HR system
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bellows Falls, VT 05101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location