Sr. Embedded Software/Sr Software Engineer
We are seeking a creative Sr. Embedded DSP Engineer with hands on experience in the area of Software Defined Radio. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to take a leading role in a space craft modem design and development. The position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including relocation assistance if needed. Proof of US Citizenship is required.
***************** This position requires US Citizenship. ********************
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Hardware and Systems Engineers to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software domains, and determine requirements for the Processor needed to meet modem performance requirements.
- Developing hardware and software architectures for PHY, MAC and routing layers of the network
- Take a lead technical role of a focused engineering team
- Support product development from conception to product delivery and production
- Experience should include embedded DSP processor modem design
- Thorough understanding of theoretical and practical modem design implementations
- Expert at analyzing and trouble shooting digital logic systems
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- US citizenship required. Preference will be given to candidates holding an active security clearance.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related fields
- Experience leading dedicated engineering teams on complex digital systems
- Hands on experience using RF test equipment to verify software modem performance
- Familiar with lab equipment such as logic analyzer, scope and network analyzer, Gitlab, perforce, Multithreaded applications and socket programing.
- Experience with embedding coding on bare metal DSP/microcontroller a plus
- 5 plus years Programming Languages: C, C++, MATLAB, scripting language python
- Experience working with Linux, coding Linus, and Linux tool chains
- Frequently sits
- Frequent and regular use of a computer
- Need to assemble computer test setups and test equipment required to conduct testing (up to 50lbs)
- Traveling off site, maybe required
- The work environment is generally quiet
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed by employer.
The company is located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA, a coastal city within the greater San Diego area. Vulcan Wireless Inc. develops and manufactures advanced software defined radio systems and sensors for the US Government and commercial customers.
Job Type: Full-time