If you’re a talented engineer, you have many employment options. So, what do you prioritize in your search — competitive salary and benefits? remote work? professional growth? FineTune is looking for a Principal Engineer to fill a position that offers all of the above plus the chance to do something truly meaningful — build software that is improving education for literally millions of students — in a company culture grounded in mutual respect.
FineTune creates software and services that transform education. We are building a SaaS platform with The College Board that is an integral part of the educational experience for more than three million AP and Pre-AP students worldwide: a digital assessment platform that deepens student engagement, while enhancing the instruction teachers are delivering. We're a small company making a big difference, and we're proud of our contribution to advancing remote and in-person learning.
As a software developer, you’ll be the brain behind crafting, developing, testing, going live and maintaining the system. You are passionate in understanding the business context for features built to drive better customer experience and adoption.
- Familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from analysis to deployment.
- Comply with coding standards and technical design.
- Believes in systematic approach to developing the system through clear documentation (flowcharts, layouts, & etc) of functionality, address every use case through creative solutions.
- Adapts structured coding styles for easy review, testing and maintainability of the code.
- Integrate the developed functionality and/or component into a fully functional system.
- Ensure unit and integration level verification plan are in place and adheres to great quality of code at all time.
- Active participate in troubleshooting, debugging and updating current live system.
- Verify user feedback in making system more stable and easy.
- Work closely with analysts, designers and other peer developers.
- Preparing technical training documents for onboarding new engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience as Software Engineer or Software Developer or in a relevant role.
- Understanding of OOPS concepts, Persistence, Threading.
- Proficient in Java, C++, Ruby on Rails or other programming languages.
- Hands-on with SQL or NoSQL database.
- Competent with developing web apps in popular web frameworks (ASP .Net, JQuery, Apache Wicket, JavaServer Faces (JSF) & Spring MVC etc,).
- Knowledgeable in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with open-source projects.
- Experience in designing interactive applications.
- A background in Engineering with sound oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with AWS, Azure, Google or Openstack will be a plus.
Job Type: Full-time