Management & Exempt
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together. Position Overview
As our Project Engineer, you’ll focus on preparing engineering assessments, feasibility studies, completing detailed design and field engineering activities for Capital Sustainment projects in the company. You will work with a team of engineers, technologists and external consultants on a wide variety of projects, including gas transmission, distribution, CNG and RNG station projects. In year 1, you will:
- Maintain compliance with current industry regulations, codes, standards and guidelines.
- Build a solid understanding of FortisBC’s internal processes, standards, policies and procedures.
- Apply your expertise and knowledge to projects.
- Develop strong working relationships within the Engineering team and key stakeholders. In year 2, you will:
- Develop leadership skills within the department and help improve the performance of the team.
- Identify and champion continuous improvements in the service provided to other key stakeholders.
- Be accountable and improve the performance and timelines of the fast pace work environment for ongoing projects. What it takes:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated technical capabilities and successful experience in Mechanical and/or Process.
- Engineering capacity related to natural gas stations design.
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems and specialized software. What you need to know:
The job description can be found here.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees work remotely and some in office. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.