The Europa Clipper (EC) Command and Data Handling (C&DH) team is currently looking for a test engineer to support the testing and integration of Europa Computer Element (ECE) circuit card assemblies (CCA’s) at JPL. ECE is an assembly with several mostly digital CCA’s. The non-digital circuits in the ECE are either part of the telemetry collection function or local power regulation. The tasks include developing test procedures and test scripts, executing test procedures, and troubleshooting anomalies found during testing. The candidates must meet the skills/experiences requirements identified in the Statement of Work attached. The work will be performed at the ECE testbed in building 198 room B9 on JPL campus.
- Have extensive experience with testing and integrating digital and analog CCA’s and boxes.
- Have prior flight electronic test and integration experience
- Have extensive experience with interpreting schematic diagrams and troubleshooting analog and digital circuits.
- Have working knowledge with C code, Python and TCL.
- Have prior experience with working in class ISO 8 or better cleanroom.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work independently
- Have a laptop computer to access necessary document repositories
- Can understand Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) designs implemented in Verilog sufficiently enough for troubleshooting problems found in testing
- Familiarity with Mentor DxDesigner/Expedition tool suite
- Familiarity with Mentor Hyperlynx tool suite
- Familiarity with LabView programming environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.00 to $70.00 /hour
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- circuit card assembly: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off