The System Engineer’s role is to install, maintain, upgrade and administer the business system infrastructure for the company and its divisions. This includes all physical devices (servers, routers, firewalls, switches, desktops, printers, etc.) as well as voice, data, and wireless network services. The System Engineer must have a strong understanding of networking fundamentals and analytical skills along with strong troubleshooting skills of local area (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN) to restore business functions in a timely fashion. The System Engineer will work closely with all levels of the organization to determine equipment and services to support daily operations and overall organization requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Configures & deploys network infrastructure; firewalls, routers, switches and other hardware.
- Configures and administers networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitors network performance and troubleshoots problem areas as needed.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware and software.
- Perform backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and data are successfully backed up.
- Apply operating system updates, patches and configuration changes.
- Perform ongoing hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required.
- Collaborates with other system engineer(s), senior management, corporate buildings and other off-site divisions to support their IT projects and initiatives.
- Maintain a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal & external networks.
- Provide training on new systems as needed and/or educate users on functionality of devices to increase overall productivity.
- As necessary, assist in the management of vendors and/or consultants.
- Work support tickets as needed and as assigned
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Build meaningful and productive relationships with internal business partners.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
Required Technical Skills:
Three (3) or more years of experience with the following:
- System Engineer role supporting a corporate computing environment (LAN's, WAN's, TCP/IP and associated networking).
- Proven ability to design, architect, develop and maintain a medium-sized scale network and server environment.
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems, Hyper-V and Microsoft Exchange management & administration; Active Directory administration and management.
- Virtualization technologies (Hyper-V)
- Networking experience with HPE (Aruba) Switches.
- Experience using Fortinet Equipment.
- SharePoint experience.
- Telecommunications systems including VoIP telephony.
- Experience with Veritas Backup Exec.
Other Job Skills:
- Manage competing priorities and exercise flexibility with quickly changing data requests.
- Adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines and follow up on assignments with minimum direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, senior management team members, division and department heads.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Ability to travel to other offices when needed
- Afterhours (Weekend and Evening) support is required.
Physical Demand Requirements: The System Engineer must be able to lift servers, printers, etc. used in the course of the job or for new installations. Physical agility is required in kneeling, bending, stooping, and reaching.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Computer Networking: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Windows Server: 3 years (Preferred)
- Virtualization: 3 years (Preferred)
- Hyper V: 2 years (Preferred)
- VoIP: 2 years (Preferred)
- Active Directory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Exchange: 2 years (Preferred)