Additional context on the type of activities a SSIS Developer would also get involved in. The key is that this candidate is extremely knowledgeable and has extensive experience as a SSIS Developer but also has experience with the other Microsoft QSL Server products like: SSRS and SSAS.
- Microsoft Analysis Services Dev/Support
- Unlike standard analysis services, this cube has a lot ( >6k lines) of scripting.
- There are usages of views that the cube uses that provides some ‘pre-grouping’, so some sql dev experience would benefit the candidate
- Clustered using windows clustering, so experience with this will be extensively handy as QA, and both production environments needed to be stopped/restarted using failover manager.
- Microsoft SQL Developer
- Majority of the ETLs designed put the database doing 90% of the work. The SSIS packages simply load configuration, then bulk import from source into staging tables, finally the last bit is calling a stored procedure to do the heavy lifting. This means that the stored procedures are doing the business logic utilizing shared memory of the database to improve performance.
- Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
- When required, checking the database for blocking/locking, then check the query plans for single-threaded issues, bad query plans, or index issues.
- Additionally check statistics and update them if necessary
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Developer (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65.00 - $67.00 per hour
- Temporarily due to COVID-19