We are seeking an Office Engineer (OE) to work on complex water and wastewater tunneling project with our Construction Management Team. The position is located in Alexandria. This is an immediate need.
- BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Project Management or other related construction field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 8 to 12 years of experience in heavy civil construction or construction management on infrastructure construction projects using tunneling methodologies required.
- Tunneling and shaft excavation construction is a preferred.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent assignments and priorities, supervision, training, and mentoring office and field inspection staff.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong team building, analytical and technical communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency, versed in Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience reading contract drawings and specifications.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position to perform field inspections which include: the ability to navigate over rough terrain, descend/ascend ladders into trenches or deep shafts and carry up to 30 lbs. as needed.
- Primary initial reviewer of all incoming submittals. Makes decision if submittal is complete enough for processing and if submittal can be answered by RE&I.
- Reviews and audits the submittal log.
- Primary initial reviewer of RFIs and CRFIs. Makes determination if RFI is in fact a proper request for information or should be returned to Design-Builder for submission as a PCO. Makes determination if RFI can be answered by RE&I or sent to Owner’s Advisor. Determines if CRFIs that are submitted for information only should be reviewed by the Owner.
- Reviews and audits the RFI log and Red Line As-Builts.
Correspondence and meetings
- Prepares drafts of official correspondence.
- Maintains letter log in e-Builder
- Attends all RE&I meetings and prepares meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- Supports the Resident Engineer and Assistant Resident Engineers with assistance in preparing position papers, differing site condition investigations, recommendations on merit, change management, etc.
- Assists the Resident Engineer and Assistant Resident Engineers with preparing estimates.
- Manages the Document Control Staff
- Reviews the monthly invoice and reports.
- Reviews the Design-Builder’s pay application
- Manages and audits the e-Builder Construction Management Information System.
- Monitors the e-Builder workflows for timeliness and notifies ARE when due dates are approaching.
- Supports the Safety Manager by assisting with reports and document control.
- Supports the Quality Manager by assisting with reports and document control.
- Supports Chief Inspector by ensuring field folks have the latest approved submittals
- Secondary responder to third party complaints.
- On-call back up inspector during inspector staff shortage.
- Secondary responder to project emergencies.
- Secondary visitor escort.
- Monitors project related social media feed for RE&I.
- Other duties as needed
- Supports Resident Engineer and project team during the Preconstruction Phase, developing project execution plan, procedures, tools and practices, and reviewing contract documents, for preparation and implementation of construction phase construction management services.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to facilitate the construction work as directed by the Resident Engineer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000.00 - $124,800.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- engineering or construction management: 8 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible