Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
Knife River has an immediate opening for a Crusher Foreman/Operator. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the Elrus Portable Plant, currently located at Watters Quarry. This position will be required to travel with the Elrus Plant as needed based on production needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide the necessary leadership and direction for daily activities of the crusher crew.
- Operate and maintain crusher in safe, efficient manner.
- Keep inventory, prepare production schedules/reports and maintain operators log as necessary and comply with MSHA regulations.
- Participate in quality control program to meet specifications.
- Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Must have detailed knowledge of crusher operation with screen and conveyor systems.
- Requires high degree of skills in planning, organizations, supervising, communication and observation.
- Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, operator’s manuals and instructions.
- Must have strong welding, fabrication and mechanical skills.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen.
- Ability to work flexible shifts which include: days, nights, weekends and overtime.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members and customers.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.mdu.com by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Put Your Skills to Work with Us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Crusher Foreman/Operator position:
Pavement and Construction Equipment Journeyman
Pavement and Construction Equipment Apprentice
Pavement and Construction Equipment Helper
Construction Equipment Supervisor
Motor Transport Operator
General Construction Equipment Operator
Rough Terrain Forklift & Loader Operator
Heavy Construction Equipment Operator
Horizontal Construction Engineer
Equipment Operator Basic
Advanced Equipment Operator
Basic Engineer, Construction and Equipment Marine
Motor Vehicle Operator