Solidia Technologies is actively recruiting an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our fast-paced technology team developing and commercializing low carbon footprint building products. The candidate will take a leading role in the design, fabrication, and commissioning of prototype laboratory and pilot scale equipment used for research and development of CO2 cured Solidia concrete. The equipment includes concrete forming and handling, concrete curing systems, instrumentation for process monitoring and control, and other laboratory and pilot scale equipment required for conducting research. The desired candidate will have demonstrated the ability to manage multiple small to medium sized projects from early design/requirements stage through fabrication and commissioning. The individual must have a proven track record of innovation and successful project management through all phases of design and build projects. They must also possess the ability to work collaboratively with scientists, research engineers, technicians, and other design engineers. .
- Minimum of BS degree in mechanical engineering plus minimum 5 yrs working experience required (8+ years preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of engineering design fundamentals including materials selection, heat transport, thermodynamics, and fluidics
- Working knowledge of common fabrication techniques including cutting, machining, bending, joining for metals and plastics (e.g., welding), 3D printing,
- Experience with incorporating a range of materials into designs including metals, plastics, elastomers as well as ceramics, glasses, etc
- Experience with design of prototype equipment required—prefer experience with laboratory and/or process/manufacturing equipment
- Experience in an R&D environment and/or prototyping strongly preferred
- Experience with process scale-up, product development, and/or new applications a strong plus
- Hands-on experience with fabrication and assembly of parts/assemblies required—must be willing to get hands dirty
- 3D CAD modeling and design experience required—experience with SolidWorks strongly preferred
- Basic project management experience and skills required—must be able to manage time and projects to meet schedules and budgets
- Experience with instrumentation/sensor selection and integration for R&D and process equipment, including data acquisition, required
- Experience with PLCs and other process control techniques is a big plus
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to details
- Critical thinking, logical planning, and the ability to draw conclusions from data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create, read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Job is performed in both an office and plant environment
- Incumbent must have the physical ability to: Sit; Stand; Walk; Lift up to 25 lbs.; communicate through both verbal and written means; fine and gross motor skills to operate a computer and operate equipment
- Solidia Technologies, Inc. is an EEO employer. The above posting is a summary description of the current opening at Solidia Technologies. The details reflected herein may not fully represent the entire scope of the assignment. The employer reserves the right to adjust duties at any time during employment with the Company. Solidia Technologies employs at-will.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by Solidia Technologies management on a case by case basis.