Do you enjoy building and remodeling homes? Are you skilled in rough framing and/or finished carpentry with high standards and a critical eye toward quality? Can you work on your own or part of a team, including with project managers, designers and architects, along other carpenters and subcontractors? Would you be interested in joining an Employee-Owned Company where you share in the rewards of the company’s success? If you can produce Kitchens and Baths, Additions, and Whole House remodeling projects ranging from $100K to $1M – on time and on budget – we’d like to talk with you! We’re Harrell Remodeling.
We’re looking for skilled carpenters with the following skills:
Meet and qualify prospective clients, offer and sell design contracts, work efficiently on design of projects from concept stage through to construction documents and drawings for permit (working with our CAD specialists and engineer), meet regularly with clients to review design decisions, sell the construction contract for the project and follow the construction of the project through to completion while attending key meetings on site for electrical walk-throughs, tile layout, etc. Projects range from bathrooms and kitchens (and other interior spaces) to whole house remodels with additions. Prospect for prospective clients through a variety of marketing events. This is a full-time position.
Your success factors:
- Hands-on construction experience and skills necessary to produce remodeling projects according to plan, on time and on budget, with a high standard of quality.
- Broad range of proven experience in the following: Demolition, Framing, Cabinet Installation, Trims and Moldings, Installation of Hardware and Fixtures, Installation of Windows, etc.
- Maturity to supervise and coordinate the work of Sub-Contractors and Trade Specialists working on your assigned jobs.
- Demonstrates the necessary characteristics to be the leader of the project (such as being organized, proactive, professional, supportive, composed, and on time).
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills: verbal, documents, email, and text.
- Familiarity with construction scheduling and accounting software is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of Building Codes is a must.
- Ability to read and understand plans, contracts and specifications.
Company: Harrell Remodeling is the leading full-service Residential Design + Build company working on the Peninsula and in the South Bay. We are known for our award-winning designs, excellent construction crews and craftsmanship, our Employee-Owned company and culture, and a proven business process with 35+ years in business.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Compensation: We pay a competitive salary, a competitive benefits package, including vacations, medical and dental insurance and an opportunity to grow within an Employee-Owned (ESOP) company.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
We have comprehensive COVID-19 practices for the office and our jobsites. This includes: Social Distancing, Temperature Checks, Daily Logs, Mask Wearing, Hand Washing, Density Limits, Training and other measures.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place