Mechanical Engineer Job Description
A multinational energy transportation company that focuses primarily on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy is seeking a Senior level Mechanical Engineer with experience in liquids pipeline facilities such as tanks, pumps, terminals, metering, and valves is preferred. Candidates that have worked on core maintenance projects is preferred. Valve replacement, piping replacement, pvc and low meter projects would be ideal to have. Collaborate with 3rd party vendors and supporting Engineering Consultants.
This is a long-term contract assignment .
$55-$60/hr. depending on experience.
Mon-Fri, (8 hour work days/ 40 hour work week)
Houston, TX (Westheimer Court - 77056)
Minimal essential healthy coverage, 401(k)
The Senior Engineer oversees the design for facilities associated with expansion and maintenance capital projects executed by third party engineering firms to ensure compliance with Company standards and specifications and industry standards and managed to the project budget and schedule. Liaison with other Company internal functional groups within Project Execution, Operations and Shared Services to ensure project and company requirements are achieved and incorporated into the design deliverables.
- Oversees the development of the project scope, schedule, capital cost estimate, execution planning, risks and supporting information related to assigned facility projects.
- Ensures that all facilities are designed in accordance with all regulations, applicable industry codes and corporate standards.
- Manages the execution of the design deliverables by a third party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule.
- Reviews and approves design deliverables for example drawings, technical reports and material listing sheets.
- Reviews vendor materials quotations, evaluate technical bid evaluations, and recommends to the supervisor selections based on technical merit along with price and delivery. Collaborate with Supply Chain to procure material via internal tools. For example building packages, pipe, valves and fittings.
- Reviews lessons learned from past projects and incorporates recommendations into future designs.
- Provide technical support to Construction team during construction phases.
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers within the team or others based upon technical expertise.
- Support and/or lead department initiatives as required.
- ensures that development project scope definitions comply with all regulatory, environmental, health and safety requirements through effective management and coordination of internal functional groups.
- Provides support and assistance to peers and more senior staff in order to facilitate business initiatives and legal compliance, e.g., Engineering Projects, Law, Health, Safety and Environment, Operations, etc.
- Responsible for the successful operations of the assigned area with significant corporate financial impact.
- Oversees the development and/or implementation of technical solutions, ensuring efficient coordination of technical resources and with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides informal leadership to peers.
BS Degree Mechanical Engineer
Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
Proficient to Advance computer and software skills
10 + years actual experience in regards to liquid pipelines is preferred
Scheduling Operations Distribution (Business) Valves (Piping) Fitting Engineering
This salary was provided in the Job Posting.
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.