SystemsEngineering (Radar Emphasis) Manager
Hensoldt Inc. isthe U.S. subsidiary of Germany-based HENSOLDT GmbH, a world leading provider ofsensors, electronics and electronic warfare systems. HENSOLDT represents a more than 100-year-oldtradition in technology with renowned predecessors such as Airbus, Telefunken,Dornier, Siemens Sicherungstechnik and Carl Zeiss Optronics.
Hensoldt Inc. is hiring acreative and motivated Systems Engineering Manager to join our growing team. Hensoldt Inc and our parent company haveindustry-leading radar, electro-optics, and vehicle self-protection technologieswhich we deliver to U.S. DOD and federal agencies. You will play a critical and influential roletowards introducing several exciting technologies to our customers. You will report directly to the ChiefExecutive Officer and you will work closely with the company’s Program andBusiness Development teams. This is ahigh visibility role with a lot of authority to help establish and grow thecompany.
This role will have responsibilities Directly supporting programsand Indirect responsibilities towards business development. There are great opportunities forprofessional growth, as you’re able to help develop these programs. Hensoldt Inc highly values and rewardsperformance.
In the Direct support role you will be managing the sustainmentand upgrades of an air surveillance radar program. You will work with our Prime contractor toprioritize obsolescence issues and develop solutions with a team ofsubcontractors. Collaboration andinnovation are important skills as you’ll work in a diverse, international teamto deliver solutions for our customers.
In the Indirect support role, you’ll work with BusinessDevelopment and Engineering colleagues to advance several new programs. Your responsibilities would includedeveloping technical solutions, qualifying partners, and demonstrating productcapabilities. You’ll work closely withtechnical colleagues from our parent company to transition technologies to theU.S.
The role will span several technologies, most of which areRF-based. As you may be called upon toassist with other projects and technologies, strong systems engineering skillsare critical to role. The idealcandidate would have experience working with the FAA and DOD on AirSurveillance Radar systems, but other DOD customers and advanced technologiesare also relevant. You’ll have a strongbackground in systems engineering, life cycle management, Service LifeExtension Programs, and software engineering. You’ll also be confident and comfortable in interacting with customerson technical matters.
You must be a skilled problem solver and be flexible as thecompany’s needs evolve. We are a smallbut growing team, and everyone counts on each other. Other projects may arise in the areas ofvehicle protection systems, software integration, and technology transfer, andyou’ll be given the opportunity to explore other territories. Ambitious, curious, team-oriented candidatesdo well in Hensoldt Inc.
Only if you thrive on challenges, and are eager for professionalgrowth should you read on.
· As program Technical Lead, direct and manage thetechnical and engineering efforts of the radar sustainment program.
o Coordinate multidisciplinaryand multinational teams for system development and testing
o Withassistance of the program team, investigate and resolve Trouble Reports (TRs),Investigation Requests (IRs), and Discrepancy Reports (DRs).
o Qualify andmanage subcontractors/partners to manufacture and/or procure existing systemline replaceable units (LRUs) and other assemblies
o Reviewradar system deficiency and obsolescence reports to improve system safety,reliability, maintainability, or operational utility to improve systemperformance, meet new requirements, or comply with regulatory changes.
o Work withprogram teammates to recommend and implement system enhancements ormodifications to include provisioning component qualification, documentation,engineering drawings, technical manuals, lab testing, deployment andoperational testing.
o SupportTechnical Interchange Meetings (TIMs) and other meetings as requested.
o Createverification and acceptance test documents, and support and executeverification and system acceptance tests
· As Systems Engineer, work closely with US BusinessDevelopment colleagues and European-based technical colleagues to interpretcustomers’ technical requirements and develop meaningful solutions forthem.
o Discoverand document customers’ technical requirements
o Collaboratewith European-based, technical colleagues to develop meaningful solutions
o Discoverand qualify US-based partners
o Providetechnical briefings and demonstrations to customers
o Identifycompany capabilities, qualifications and certifications necessary for growth
o Work withBD staff to write technical responses to customer Requests for Information(RFI), and Requests for Proposals (RFP)
o Identifyand prioritize candidate programs for Internal R&D funding
Skills and Education
· U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain a U.S. GovernmentSecurity Clearance at the Secret level
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, RF-Engineering,Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Systems Engineering
· 15 years professional working experience
· Experience in radar technology or signal intelligenceor tracking systems with a solid fundamental understanding of RF technology andwave propagation
· Knowledge of INCOSE system engineering methodology(INCOSE certification is preferred)
· Strong analytic skills with the ability to organize dataand generate information which can inform decisions
· Strong collaboration skills, working with teammateson-site and virtually, and brokering win-win solutions
· Strong communication skills both oral and written, andability to influence
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications
· Excellent Time Management skills, and the ability tomanage multiple programs simultaneously
· Masters Degree in a technical field
· Experience in working with international businesses
· Experience with Import/Export regulations
· Ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearanceat the Secret level
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 10%,including European travel
Job Type: Full-time