The selected candidate will be part of the on-site support team with the responsibility for providing technical/engineering support for F-16 structures to AFLCMC/WWMPB. The primary responsibility for this position is to perform Material Review Board activities supporting the F-16 Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) at the Hill AFB depot, as well as depots located in the Pacific and European theaters. This position will also participate in all engineering functions related to aircraft modification/service life extension; shall understand depot maintenance practices and processes sufficient knowledge and experience to resolve technical issues adversely affecting production schedule; shall have knowledge of parts manufacturing and tooling principals so that questions associated with replacement tooling can be addressed; shall have sufficient knowledge of structural design and repair concepts to provide engineering disposition recommendations on non-conforming depot and field aircraft; shall be able to provide drawing and specification interpretations and clarifications to resolve issues concerning process specifications associated with part design, finish, and assembly; shall assist in resolving general aircraft sustainment issues (Aircraft Structural Integrity Program, Analytical Condition Inspection, Deficiency Reporting, corrosion, paint/strip, quality issues, investigations, data development and assessment, analyses, corrective actions, etc.), as required; shall assist in reviewing, initiating the Organic Change Notices/Engineering Change Notices (OCN/ECN) process.
Selected candidate must be willing to travel to international locations as needed.
This position requires an active Secret Security Clearance and selected candidate must be a United States citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired Skills:The following skills are desired but not required:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Experience with the Material Review Board process
- Understanding and experience with aircraft structural modification process
- Experience with parts manufacturing, and tooling principals (any industry)
- Experience using structural design and repair concepts
- Technical drawing and specification interpretations and clarifications experience
- Experience using computers with proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Experience developing and presenting technical presentations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Microsoft Access
- Ability to address interchangeability of structural components and assemblies. This requires a good knowledge of Material Procurement Release System (MPRS.)
- Solid understanding of the Air Force acquisition process to support the customer in critical parts procurement.
- A working knowledge of F-16 aircraft mechanical and avionics systems and of F-16 aircraft maintenance
- Understanding of depot maintenance practices and processes
- Understand corrosion mechanisms and paint/corrosion protection systems for F-16 aircraft. Experience in resolving general aircraft sustainment issues
- Experience reviewing, initiating the OCN/ECN process. The ideal candidate will have experience with engineering tools to include Solid Works, The F-16 Technical Publication Repository, Electronic Document Management System, Field Information Network, and the Joint Engineering Data Management, Information, & Control System.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.