Technical Advisor - Western United States
TheTechnical Advisor position promotes sales and provides technical supportto Hydro customers and work sites in the Western half of the United States. Asa maintenance service provider, a Technical Advisor for Voith travels tocustomer sites to evaluate Hydro power systems, resolve problems, and providevalue-added solutions and support for customers, including leading crews toexecute industrial maintenance projects and power service outages.
- Function as Technical Advisor for industrial maintenance projects at customer worksites.
- Provides on-site project management with sub-field engineers and crews on larger projects. Lead Voith or third party crews to execute Voith Hydro Services outages. (Labor supervisors report to the Technical Advisor.)
- Interacts with maintenance supervisors to evaluate equipment maintenance issues and requirements.
- Provide value-add solutions to the customer thru OEM engineering, hydraulic engineering, risk mitigation, global parts supply and knowledge based tools (design, drawings, knowledge, fleet history, etc.).
- Provides technical support for projects in Offer-to-Order phase, including quoting and winning work at customer sites.
- Direct responsibility for Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost/Productivity on larger projects, including profit margin.
- Write and follow Field Procedures as needed for work scopes.
- Responsible for producing final reports.
- Responsible for developing and growing customer relationships at the site level
- On-call availability for technical support with overtime pay available on billable jobs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or college diploma with at least 4 years of related experience in Hydro services.
- Minimum of 2 years general hydro-related experience. Equivalent experience in large capital industrial projects would be considered
- Fully fluent in English with very good oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office knowledge, strong aptitude in Excel
- Ability to make presentations and reports to upper management
- Ability to pass physical, medical exams, drug and alcohol test, respirator qualification test and background check required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the key actions of job.
Talking - Frequently
Hearing - Frequently
Sitting - Frequently
Standing - Frequently
Walking - Frequently
Bending - Frequently
Climbing - Yes
Reaching - Occasionally
Prolonged Overhead Work - N/A
Pushing/Pulling - N/A
Kneeling/Squatting - Frequently
Lifting - Occasionally up to 25 lbs and more
Carrying - Occasionally up to 25 lbs and more
Balancing - N/A
Rotation/Twisting - Occasionally
Keyboard Use - Frequently
Using vibration tools/equipment - N/A
Noise level - Occasionally > 100 dBA
Travel - Extensive to remote sites
* This job description is not all encompassing, however, is intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of this position.
Voith Hydro is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time