The primary function of this position is to provide technical support to the Marketing & Sales and Manufacturing departments to ensure that customer metallurgical requirements are satisfied. To achieve this objective, timely and accurate technical decisions must be provided in responses to customer inquiries, specification analyses, and customer claims. This position includes managing projects on the shop floor focused on achieving business plan objectives. In addition, the Laboratory quality assurance system is monitored, maintained, and updated to ensure compliance with ISO 9000/QS 9000 global standards and customer requirements.
- Technical support and guidance is provided directly to the customer by defining metallurgical/technical parameters and ArcelorMittal’s capabilities.
- Technical direction is provided to Purchasing and Production Control to ensure that raw material suppliers adhere to metallurgical standards.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to mill inquiries, specification and print developments, and customer claims.
- Clarify customers’ requirements via visits or phone consultations.
- Make technical decisions in directing Purchasing, Production Control, Manufacturing, Product Development, and Information Technology personnel regarding conformance to customers’ requirements.
- Metallurgical technical data is analyzed to provide technical support and direction for development of new tubular products.
- Provide technical direction to metallurgical colleagues to verify product conformance prior to shipment.
- Coordinate projects in conjunction with the manufacturing departments to improve yield, quality and process improvements.
- Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science.
- 1-5 years of experience working in a metallurgical capacity, preferably in a steel environment. Must have experience providing support on a production floor. While experience is preferred, a recent college graduate will be considered.
- Good working knowledge of basic steel production.
- Good working knowledge of chemistry.
- Excellent computer proficiency especially in Microsoft Office products including – Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong people skills and ability to work well with others-especially customers.
Job Type: Full-time
- metallurgy: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Paid time off