Auburn FilterSense is seeking an Automation Engineer to design and support current control system and HMI/SCADA offerings while also taking steps to improve/productize new solutions. The candidate will also help integrate solutions with the company’s existing products and new IIoT and advanced remote support initiatives.
- Become knowledgeable and skilled on the company’s core product lines and applications
- Design and develop value added HMI/SCADA applications based on project requirements and application strategy (Wonderware, Ignition, Open Automation or Factory Talk experience a plus)
- Design and develop PLC solutions based on Allen-Bradley and Siemens PLCs
- Work with design engineering to support the development of Auburn FilterSense products as related to integration/communication with third party based HMI/SCADA and PLC solutions
- Produce electrical schematics, drawings and all project documentation
- System integration engineering both pre and post-sale including fieldbus communications support
- Provide high level technical support for installation, commissioning and training for both HMI/SCADA solutions and the company’s core product lines
- Assist in expanding in-house control panel manufacturing capabilities
- Become technically versed with and provide application support for all company controls and monitors
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- At least 2-5+ years of experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, and general control system design
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (Control Logix, Compact Logix, PanelView Plus), equivalent Siemens products and industrial communication networks (Ethernet IP, Modbus TCP, Profibus etc. is preferred.
- Experience with Factory Talk, Wonderware, SQL and Visual Basic/C#/Java is a plus.
- Excellent written and technical verbal communications skills and high attention to detail
- Hands-on, outgoing personality with motivation for sales/customer interaction
- A flexible, positive team player with skills to multi-task and contribute across disciplines
- Ability and self-motivation to learn quickly and independently
- Travel 25% (mainly North America, some international)
Auburn FilterSense is a leading developer of sensors, controls, and software that provide operational efficiency improvements and EPA compliance for large air pollution control systems, powder processing filters, and industrial dust collection/ventilation systems. Recently acquired by the Nederman Group for developing IIoT and connected services for such applications, Auburn FilterSense products and services are leading solutions for preventing hazardous particulate emissions from process industries (power, cement, steel, etc.) improving filtration and overall plant operation efficiency in powder processing industries (pharmaceutical, food, chemical, etc.), and capturing and controlling dust generated within industrial discrete manufacturing industries (automotive, woodworking, welding, etc.).
Auburn FilterSense offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, dental, section 125 and flexible spending plans, 401(k), profit sharing, disability and life insurance. Quality offices at highly rated Cummings Center in Beverly, MA, provide a pleasant environment with on-site amenities and good commuting.
Local/Regional Candidates Only
Please reference “Automation Engineer” position when applying.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19