Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently looking for an Associate Civil/Structural Engineer to be located in the Denver, Colorado area to support our growing energy practice in the Midwest and Rockies. Our energy practice includes fossil fuel, wind, solar and electric power generation, transmission lines and substations, natural gas transmission pipelines (FERC and non-FERC regulated), compressor stations, and other energy related facilities. This Civil/Structural Engineer will also support other practices within Tetra Tech such as large-scale remediation projects, water reservoir projects and site development projects with infrastructure for commercial development.
This Associate Civil/Structural Engineer will support project teams throughout the design planning and production of civil engineering deliverables on a wide variety of projects.
- Support civil design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion
- Support traffic impact studies, structural design, site grading/drainage design to support energy practice
- Support the design of foundation, site and road design for renewable energy facilities (wind, solar, battery storage, substations and transmission)
- Support geotechnical studies for renewable facilities
- Modify and review engineering drawings for a variety of energy projects including, but not limited to: renewable energy facilities, pipeline infrastructures, transmission, substation and distribution infrastructures and other industrial and commercial facilities
- Support the design civil components for project needs set forth by the project managers
- Applies strong knowledge of commonly used civil engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and procedures within the civil engineering services industry
- Research and compile project related data, studies and reports as required by the project managers
- Performs field inspections, measurements and/or calculations for public and private clients
- Civil site design, SWPPP preparation, and support of field investigation activities including condition surveys, field measurement and data collection, use of global positioning systems
- Other duties may include performing quantity calculations, soil sampling, report preparation, engineering graphics, performing and checking engineering calculations
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or closely aligned degree
- Master’s degree in civil engineering a plus
- 1-2 years’ minimum experience within the civil engineering field
- Prefer 2+ years CAD experience on civil engineering projects
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D is required (2011 - 2018)
- Experienced in stormwater management, site design, erosion and sediment control
- Ability to work with basic engineering and mathematical concepts and principles
- Ability to apply engineering and mathematical concepts to practical situations
- Ability to work on multidisciplinary projects including structural, geotechnical and/or marine engineering with working knowledge of database programs, GIS, and CAD
- Ability to draft detailed reports, business correspondence, and procedures for project managers and engineering staff
- Ability to effectively present information, communicate, and respond to questions from groups of coworkers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices and construction specifications, plans
- Civil Engineering, utility, and roadway design work experience is a plus
- Knowledge of HEC-RAS, Hydraulic modeling software is a plus
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)