At empirical, we believe everyone deserves safe, quality, and affordable food. Our task is to meet the world’s ever-increasing nourishment needs within the constraints of our precious natural resources. To get there, we need to think bigger and smarter.
empirical isn’t a gigantic corporation. Instead, we are a smart, tight-knit and strategic company of doers. We hire quality people who develop fulfilling careers that make a significant impact on our world. Discover a variety of opportunities to grow your career.
Join the future of food!
empiricalis looking for a motivated individual for our new Applications Engineer position in our Dakota Dunes, SD office. By joining this small team, the ideal candidate will have complimentary skill sets to help us expand our current portfolio of talent, as well as develop new and existing capabilities.
- Development and maintenance of software programs, applications, websites, etc.Plan, develop and implement new and existing programs.Perform programming required to ensure effective and efficient control systems.
- Review software, application or website development requirements and specifications to meet functionality and design needs.Will determine tasks and timelines to meet project timelines.
- Continuously improve software and application programs for optimized productivity.
- Verify and validate work to ensure completed project meets expected specifications and results.Will see project through to system commissioning and will maintain and support systems go forward.
- Work as team with members of other departments such as engineering, networking, systems engineering to ensure successful project completion.
- Will communicate and resolve programming or application interface issues which may require engaging other team members.Analyze information and develop effective solutions.
- Improve and integrate existing systems, user forms, intranet pages, etc. to meet company growing needs.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and procedures.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or related field.Relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- 3 + years’ experience in application development.
- Experience with database design principles, security and debugging techniques.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or newer.
- Experience deploying websites and mobile applications.
- Experience integrating with ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.Attention to detail with strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong problem solving.
- Strong ability to communicate with all levels of employees in written or verbal form.
- Must be responsive to after-hours support.Duties may require occasional travel.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8131.
Post offer physical and substance testing required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time