Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and implements the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the college.
- Recommends, designs, plans, and implements projects that provide crucial services for the computing infrastructure on-premise or in the cloud.
- Uses system diagnostic tools to analyze performance and troubleshoot system failures and errors.
- Responsible for providing a high level of system availability and reliability for critical college-wide systems, minimizing downtime with round the clock support.
- Performs complex problem determination/resolution to determine problem source and repair or coordinate support with hardware/software vendor.
- Provides Virtual machine management, DHCP and DNS services.
- Researches, installs, and tests software updates and patches to supported applications and various operating systems.
- Works closely with IT staff evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Documents work and create technical training Documentation for other staff and leads training exercises.
- Provides direction, technical advice, and guidance to various internal/external groups and Departments.
- Monitors system logs and activity.
- Stays current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the College excel.
- Responsible for the planning, design, development, management, maintenance and support of an application on Cloud
- Responsible for monitoring the consumption of cloud resources, request fulfillment turnaround, application performance, and systems security posture.
- Responsible for designing technical solutions for applicable cloud platforms, adhering to the customer’s requirements, creating functional design specifications, Cloud Provider reference architectures, and also render support with other project deliverables as necessary.
- Offers recommendations with respect to cloud migrations, and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for cloud adoption
- Responsible for the evaluation of cloud strategy and program architecture
- Responsible for gathering system requirements working together with application architects, integration engineers, dev/ops team, software developers, and platform owners
- Provides leadership for projects.
- Discovers standard cloud services offerings, install, and execute processes and standards for optimal use of cloud service provider offerings
- Responsible for debugging technical issues inside a complex stack involving virtualization, containers, micro-services, etc.
- Collaborates with the ITS, Vendor, Cloud Provider, and Key Platform Internal teams to enable their applications to run on Cloud infrastructure.
- Provides Microsoft and/or Linux based services and support.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,413.00 - $98,577.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19