Norcon Marine Services Ltd. is a Newfoundland and Labrador privately owned and operated company with its head office located in Glovertown, Newfoundland. The company was formed in 1999 and has been successfully operating coastal vessels, government ferry operations, and commercial cargo ships since its inception. Over the past few years we have expanded to include operations management and logistical services for freighters,offshore and coastal operations, and we require an experienced Manager to support our growing operations.
As an experienced leader, the successful candidate will possess outstanding communication skills, consistently set the bar higher to improve standards and processes within the company, and lead by example. These characteristics would be demonstrated by the individual’s ability to manage people, projects, budgets and inspire change on all levels of the organization. This position requires significant direct experience in the management of commercial vessels and passenger ferries at a senior level, analyzing and providing feedback on operational budgets through monthly reports, as well as involvement in budget preparations. The overseeing of the recruitment of qualified and competent staff as well as the smooth introduction of vessels both in and out of service would be required. Other required skill sets would include previous experience and knowledge in refit specifications, dry docking of vessels and overall maintenance and repairs.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Make regular visits to the vessels while in service to ensure vessels are being maintained (mechanically and aesthetically) in accordance with company policy.
- Provide crew member evaluations with Chief Engineers and Captains.
- Manage assigned vessels including certification, ISM and PMS systems.
- Ensure compliance with Quality and Safety Management System on-shore and on-board the vessel.
- Experience onboard as an officer or engineer on vessels between 150 GRT and 2000 GRT,
or a background in Nav Arc or Systems an asset.
- Strong computer skills and experience using MS Office.
- Experience with Safety Management Systems, Preventative Maintenance Systems, and the International Safety Management (ISM) Code.
- Experience with safety practices onboard vessels.
- A thorough understanding of Class and TCMSS regulations is required.
Norcon Marine Services encourages innovation, a focus on providing outstanding service to our clients, and a drive for excellence. We consider our employees to be our most valuable assets and work hard to promote a positive and respectful working environment. If you would like to be a part of our team, please apply by sending your resume and references in confidence to the listed email address.
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Determined by candidate qualifications – Including benefits program
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)