Java Software Engineer
(Secret or Top Secret DoD Clearance Required!!!)
BigBear, Inc. currently has an immediate position for a talented and passionate JAVA Software Engineer in the Charlottesville, VA area to build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade
applications. You will be responsible for server-side application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. You will collaborate directly with customers to ensure our products meet and exceed operational requirements. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a focus on customer service.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Java.
- 5+ years of experience developing applications on the JavaFX platform (Bonus)
- Object-Oriented Programming and Design skills are required.
- Experience working Java frameworks such as Spring.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming.
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications a plus.
- Working experience with Postgres/PostGIS, ElasticSearch, or Oracle database a plus.
- Hands-on experience with OpenStreetMap, OGC, or other GIS a plus.
- Experience integrating applications with intelligence databases such as MIDB a plus.
- Strong communication and leadership skills required.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must have a SECRET Clearance with the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET / SCI Clearance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborate with Project Manager and engineering to implement innovative solutions.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code and unit tests.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Perform demonstrations and briefings to customers to ensure program success.
- Perform technical support for products at customer sites.
- Perform system monitoring, optimization, and high-performance tuning.
- Perform requirements analysis, system design, and draft technical documentation.
- Participate in research and development for system engineering and product advancement.
- Domestic travel as needed.
BigBear, Inc. is a software development company with locations in San Diego, Washington DC, Charlottesville, and Reston, VA. Our mission is to enable big data computing and analytics for our customers at a low cost. We leverage capabilities such as machine learning, crowdsourcing, geospatial image processing, and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) data processing using our on-premise cloud computing technology stack. Our solutions provide a unique offering of products, custom-built software, and services focused within Big Data Analytics, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), Visualization and Cloud Computing to our Department of Defense, and Commercial customers. We currently have exciting and challenging career opportunities for talented, motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-growing company.
We like to play with new toys and technologies. We like to break things to see if we can put them back together again in a better way. Our tails wag when we hear the words Big Data, Geospatial or Machine Learning. Each team member provides a unique set of advanced technical skills and trade that contributes to our overall success.
· 100% employer-paid for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO)
· A competitive salary based on experience
· Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - optional
· 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%
· A warm, cozy office with actual chairs and tables
· Life and Disability Insurance 100% paid for by the company
· Education Assistance
· 529 College Savings Plan - optional
· Healthy Rewards Program
· Pre-paid Legal & Identity Theft Protection - optional
· Gym Reimbursement
· Pet Insurance - optional
· A shiny magical machine that does wonderful things
· Flexible Hours
· Unlimited Coffee, Drinks and Snacks
· 6 WEEKS of Paid Time Off (PTO) on top of 11 Paid Holidays!
BigBear is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
- Java: 3 years (Preferred)
- SQL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Charlottesville, VA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement