Do you want to work at an organization that is people focused, service minded and results oriented, that offers their customers creative problem solving, progressive solutions, and improved outcome? Then Avancez Assembly may be the place for you. We are committed to a culture of excellence, with a focus on best practices and continuous improvement. We understand that our people are our biggest strength, and we know that world-class service happens because of our capable and valued team members. Whether you are looking for an assembly position or a career in manufacturing management, you can thrive as a member of our team.
Application Engineer is responsible for quoting new programs. This position will be a liaison between the various functional departments and the sales team to ensure that all best practices in the Company are contimplated in the new business quotes.They will also support any improvements and other projects in the sales group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain all engineering standards
- Maintain and continuously improve quoting tools
1. Updating costs and standards in the Input and tooling templates
2. Collaborate with various functional areas to maintain standards
3. Develop, implement, and train on appropriate databases to maintain costs related to launch and program management
- Regularly visit Company plants to keep a current knowledge of operations
- Assist in formalizing the quoting process
- Interface with new and current customers to identify needs and offer appropriate solutions
- Review prospective customers’ technical needs and collaborate on a solution/process to quote
- Develop quote to meet customer requirements
4. Gather inputs from all functional areas
5. Process assembly solution
6. Define launch and timing strategy
7. Hold technical reviews
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assist in sales presentations to prospective customers
- Assist with various market analyses to ensure the Company stays competitive
- Assist the Innovations department with new solutions to engineering problems and in response to the market analyses
- Assist with continuous improvement efforts
- All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field is required.
- Experience: 2-5 years in automotive, manufacturing, or sales
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skill.
- Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations.
- Creativity in engineering solutions
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be able to perform self-initiated and planned activities.
- Strong and verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of software, particularly MS Excel and use of spreadsheets for managing and analyzing data.
Avancez Assembly is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.