Looking for a great opportunity with a growing, locally-owned company? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a full-time Kubernetes Engineer!
We are looking for someone that embraces our dynamic nature and wants to take their career to the next level. We provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment where collaboration, teamwork, growth, and creativity are rewarded. Cynerge provides agile application development, infrastructure management, and IT asset management services to government and private sector clients.
Our team works hard and is passionate about what we do. We have a kick-ass crew and work in a historic building in downtown Pontiac, complete with our own coffee shop and wine cellar. Cynerge is currently seeking a good engineer with container experience to help us automate the management of our infrastructure. Candidates will be part of a team that will deliver infrastructure across our client base as well as help us internally modernize our infrastructure and automation practices.
- Develop, test, and deploy code that will configure and manage our client’s enterprise container service environments (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Define the container service architecture, including Docker Enterprise Edition and Kubernetes
- Assess & debug issues with the container service and applications
- Deploy and upgrade Docker and Kubernetes software
- Support the deployment of applications into the container service
- Support deployment orchestration for business applications and services into the container service
- Deliver training, coaching, and support for engineering teams to write code that will manage infrastructure and application configurations
- Provide product vision, standards, and best practices for using configuration management software across the organization
- Participate in team code reviews and design reviews
- 2-5 years’ work experience in an infrastructure engineering role
- 1+ years of experience with container software (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding of container lifecycle
- Understanding of infrastructure as code concepts
- Understanding of network architecture
- Experience with the usage of GitHub (or Git version control systems)
- Experience working in an agile development environment is a plus
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Self-starter with an ability to take a task, analyze what needs to be done, and deliver results in a timely manner (we don’t do “analysis paralysis”)
- Detail oriented, team player with an ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent communication skills in a customer-facing work environment
- Preferred - Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder
- Salary to be based on experience and current market rates
- Full-time salaried employee
- Occasional weekend work and travel may be required
Our compensation package includes competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, retirement, paid vacation, holiday pay and relevant training.
Cynerge Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Kubernetes: 1 year (Required)
- Docker: 1 year (Required)
- Infrastructure Administration: 2 years (Required)
- US Citizen or Green Card (Required)