Complete Automation, located in Lake Orion, Michigan, is a global industry leader in fluid delivery systems. We work with companies internationally and have been industry leaders for 30+ years. Complete Automation focuses on Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and Stainless Steel Fabrication throughout our divisions to deliver quality products. We have a broad customer base including Tier 1, OEM, and others. We are seeking an innovative Controls Hardware Engineer interested in joining our dynamic, complete team.
As a Controls Hardware Engineer you will start a project at the beginning and follow it through final customer acceptance. You will review customer specifications, standards / past projects, and design the complete controls portion of the machine (electrical, fluids, and pneumatics). You will also be responsible for producing a quality design on schedule, getting customer acceptance, reviewing panel build, and assisting as required while the equipment is being built and debugged. Some short duration travel is possible for customer meetings, field checks, and/or installation support.
- Design electrical panels, system hardware, component selection of switchgears, relays, and arrays using established company standards.
- Prepare electrical drawings for the systems and BOM (bill of material).
- Perform calculations of electrical systems.
- Ability to work with vendors on part specifications, pricing, and delivery.
- Work with the Panel Build team regularly to ensure panels and equipment are built accurately and efficiently.
- Troubleshoot problems that occur during startup that are caused by incorrect drawings, and/or changes in customer desires, inaccurate instrumentation specifications, and/or other technical issues.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware interface issues.
- Assist assembly and service with in-house testing and troubleshooting of control programs and assemblies.
- Read, understand, and interpret mechanical prints.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of drawing programs such as E-Plan and/or Autocad for Electrical Panel Design Industrial Plant Layouts, and Control Panels.
- 2 years’ experience related to controls hardware design using E-PLAN is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in electrical design with electronic circuit technology assembly processes (analog, digital and/or high voltage design).
- Knowledge of Engineering Standards such as safety, electrical, and pneumatic (OSHA, NEC, NFPA, UL, ANSI, CE, etc.).
- Experience in electrical engineering design principles and methodologies, including equipment located in hazardous environments.
- Experience with Excel, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Teams.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to meet deadlines.
- Fluid handling experience is a plus.
Complete Automation Offers:
· Market Competitive compensation package.
· Fitness Center – state of the art, onsite, open 24/7.
· Polly Ann Trail – corporate office is adjacent to the beautiful Polly Ann Trail, which stretches 17 miles and is great for walking, jogging, and biking.
· Collaborative team environment.
· Company-wide annual golf outing.
· Company holiday luncheons.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Vacation Time
- Paid holidays
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- 401k with company match
- Additional voluntary benefits
About Complete Automation: Complete Automation is looking to the future by investing in technology, training, and its employees. We are a division of businesses that keeps on growing as we see opportunity to supply the world with a higher quality line of products and services. Family owned and run since 1985, we are one team creating complete solutions.
Learn more about Complete Automation - visit our website at: www.completeautomationinc.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- EPLAN electrical design software: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location