Come join the Lockheed Martin Space RF Center of Excellence and shape the future! You can work on challenging programs in support of Space Vehicles, Hypersonics, Missile Defense and more.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
As a Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer with LM Space you would develop RF payload solutions for Space and Missile platforms. You’ll work with RF from the MHz range all the way up through Optical systems. RF payloads and subsystems are needed for every platform and serve missions ranging from human space flight, commercial broadband services, national intelligence, protected communications, navigation and more. Our product portfolio includes a wide range of international and domestic programs, addressing the critical needs of our commercial, civil, and government customers.
You will contribute to the design and development of high reliability RF components, subsystems, and payloads for Space and missile platforms. You may perform requirements analysis and decomposition, develop specifications, perform architectural and product trade analyses, execute detailed implementation, validate performance, and certify a deliverable product. You may also support proposals and new business opportunities.
The RF Engineer position emphasizes ‘systems thinking’ throughout the lifecycle of payloads, subsystems, and RF components. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Basic Qualifications:Working knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
Desired Skills:Proficiency in one or more of the following:
- RF circuit analysis, using tools such as Agilent ADS (Advanced Design System), Ansys HFSS (High Frequency Structure Simulator), AWR Microwave Office, or similar tool packages.
- Antenna design and analysis, using tools such as GRASP (General Responsibility Assignment Software Patterns), HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, WIPL-D, FEKO, or similar tool packages
- RF payload architecture and performance analysis
- Requirements analysis, decomposition and flow down of RF payloads
- Integration & Test of RF components, payloads, and/or subsystems
- Supporting Launch and On-Orbit Operations of RF payloads and/or subsystems
- Communication Security (COMSEC) and Transmission Security (TRANSEC) Hardware
- Radar systems
- Electronic Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) and/or Special Test Equipment (STE)
- Network architecture
- Data Object Oriented Requirements (DOORS) traceability tool
- Designing active components, such as Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs) , hybrids, Linearized Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (LTWTAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), Oscillators, frequency converters, etc.
- Designing transmitters, receivers, etc.
- Designing antennas and/or feed networks, such as reflectors, waveguide components, horns, helices, phased arrays, etc.
- Architecture, integration, and test of Electronically Steerable Arrays (ESA), Radar Systems, RF and/or digital payloads, Telemetry Tracking & Command (TT&C), or missile communications subsystems.
- Development of Analog/Digital interfaces
- Certification and training as Certified Principal Engineer (CPE), Responsible Engineer, or equivalent
- RF and/or digital payload performance analysis using MATLAB or similar tools
- RF and/or digital payload test measurement techniques
- National Security Agency (NSA) certifications of Crypto hardware
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.