TRANSPORT AND RIGGING ENGINEER
Apex Specialized Rigging and Moving, part of NorLand Limited, has an exciting opportunity to join
our team in Delta, British Columbia. Apex has built a solid reputation finding creative solutions
that solve customers’ problems. We specialize in heavy-rigging, heavy-transport of major components and specialized lifting.
The TRANSPORT AND RIGGING ENGINEER will initially be responsible to support our estimating and operations staff with transport and rigging drawings keeping safety at the forefront. Ideally, through development and training, this successful candidate becomes Apex’s Industry champion related to specialized transportation and rigging in Western Canada.
An individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to challenge the status quo is
ideally suited for this role.
- Produce CAD drawings for estimating and operation departments.
- Develop transportation plans for respective clients/projects.
- Take the lead on permit requests and approvals.
- Conduct preliminary engineering analysis to assist estimators in custom fabrication
- Participate in quote reviews to assure accuracy and completeness
- Communicate effectively to ensure that our proposals meet customer expectations. Strive to
identify strategies that give Apex an advantage on every project.
- Participate in estimating and operational meetings as required.
- Attend regular industry events
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- EIT, C-Tech, A.Sc Tech, P-Eng or equivalent
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, enthusiastic and have a positive attitude. Be able to
effectively manage both internal and external customer issues and inquiries.
- Ability to foster good work relationships (internal and external)
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role an asset but not required.
- Ability to work in a confidential, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Well-developed computer and communication skills; strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and
AutoCAD skills are very important
At Apex we are more focused on FIT rather than knowledge or experience. If you have a great
attitude, comfortable in a team environment and an exceptional aptitude to learn, I encourage you
to apply. This is a developing role that will lead to becoming an industry expert, for Apex, in Western Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Driver's License (Required)