Jr. Continuous Improvement Engineer - (200000DZ)
Job Description – Junior Continuous Improvement Engineer
The Junior Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible for supporting and assisting the continuous improvement engineering team and manager in the organization, planning, implementation and follow-through of continuous improvement initiatives. The Junior CI Engineer is familiar with continuous improvement processes and teaches and facilitates implementation of standard operational excellence methods and tools to deliver results in throughput, productivity, cost, and inventory and delivery performance.
The Junior Continuous Improvement Engineer position within Sierra Aluminum includes both creation of strategic vision and tactical management and execution, examples include but are not limited to:
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Contribute to the development of manufacturing strategy. Define the current condition of the facility to identify opportunities and create a target condition, with action plans to improve operational and financial results.
- Follow projects through from conception to completion, with a focus on meeting stated objectives.
- Maintain, compile, analyze, and report metrics of improvement projects.
- Identify, assess, facilitate, design, and coach implementation of CI methods, techniques, and procedures, including daily management, problem solving, TPM/OEE, 5S and visual management. Use these tools to lead and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Ensures a culture is in place that puts the safety and welfare of our employees ahead of all other goals.
- Facilitates successful kaizen, problem solving and rapid improvement process events with both internal and external consultants, customers and suppliers, with a major emphasis on locally focused improvement. Provides the support for all follow-throughs required to sustain the improvements established during the events.
- Drive Operational Excellence using CI principles, tools, methods, and techniques, in direct support of achieving business goals, improved performance, and decreased cost.
- Provide a plant-wide framework for CI implementation and facilitate the execution of this strategy.
- Lead and coach others in determining specific measures of performance and productivity improvements. Provide training and consultative assistance for all levels of the organization.
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
- Maintain full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conduct all activities in accordance with the Sierra Aluminum principals.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to both develop solutions and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Teamwork – Job requires the ability to function as part of a small team, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Financial literacy — Job requires the ability to drive P&L change in standard costing system through well thought out projects with appropriate ROI.
- Disciplined Execution — Job requires holding the Operations team accountable through daily execution to the plan. When required, he/she will need to be able to dive into details to ensure operational success.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Employees in this role may be required to travel between the Riverside and Fontana production facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering, or Business Management.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in manufacturing
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in lean process improvement
- Computer Skills - knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Prefer the Bachelor’s Degree is in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering, from an accredited institution.
- Ability to utilize Lean tools to generate meaningful, quantified improvement in: cost reduction, efficiency, reduced inventory, shortened cycle or lead times, improved quality and reliability, on-time delivery, or safety.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing theories, methodologies, standards, and tools.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teaming skills including the ability to work well on cross-functional teams at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with senior management (written and verbal) in English.
- Understanding of financial and non-financial metrics necessary to achieve Plant and BU Hoshin goals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization; ability to prepare and present training; ability to influence.
- Good planning and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven results facilitating continuous improvement activity.
- Lean manufacturing experience in aerospace, defense, or automotive industry.
- OEE, 5S, visual factory management, work design, and improvement plans.
CA - Sierra Napa Building 11710 Pacific Ave Fontana 92337
Jun 29, 2020, 1:48:23 PM