Ideal Aerosmith makes a wide variety of custom motion simulation test equipment and other varieties of test equipment for use in the defense, aerospace, oil, automobile, gaming and other industries.
Design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of mechanical equipment, components, or systems for customer use. Every position at Ideal Aerosmith plays an important role in sustaining a lean culture. A continuous improvement mindset is essential to reach the company's goals. The term continuous improvement means incremental improvement of products, processes, or services over time, with the goal of reducing waste to improve workplace functionality, customer service, or product performance.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments.
- Applies principals and techniques of mechanical engineering to accomplish tasks.
- Develops CAD models of systems designed.
- Performs various mechanical calculations to support the design.
- Generates parts lists
- Prepares and studies technical drawings, specifications of electro-mechanical systems to ensure operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Directs and coordinates maintenance and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Confers with engineers, customers, and managers to discuss existing or potential engineering products and projects.
- Inspects completed product to observe operations for conformance to design and equipment specifications.
- Investigates customer complaints to determine nature and extent of problem and recommends remedial measures.
- Estimates labor, material, and costs and prepares specifications for purchase of materials.
- Ability to troubleshoot. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Ensure compliance to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Initiate, lead, and implement continuous improvement activities to achieve profitability and improve quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in 3D CAD Modeling and Design.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and conflict management skills.
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) and obtain a passport.
- This position requires the employee to work in a restricted facility that requires US citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Attention to detail required.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Must have the ability to lift and/or carry 40 lbs.
- Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation.
- Ability to finger for typing.
- The position will require walking, standing, squatting, crouching, stooping, lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing, sitting, repetitive motion and kneeling.