Coldquanta is looking for an Vacuum Engineer with experience in ultra-high vacuum experience. The candidate should be able to work effectively with minimal management and be ready to hit the ground running. We are friendly, work hard in a business casual environment and have snacks, coffee and tea. The company is growing and is at the leading edge of the push into commercializing quantum technologies. PLEASE PROVIDE A COVER LETTER EXPLAINING WHY YOU WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH US AND WHY YOU WOULD BE A GOOD FIT. We can only hire US citizens or permanent residents due to ITAR restrictions.
- Collaborate with the science and engineering teams to design, and assemble prototype, ultra-high vacuum systems
- Prepare and oversee bake-out process for vacuum systems
- Develop and implement test plans to identify optimal materials, components, and assembly procedures
- Develop and implement test plans to optimize vacuum processing for assemblies with varying constraints and specifications
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, and trouble-shooting functions.
- Collaborate with scientists to evaluate and select novel pumping technologies
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Evaluate reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems and equipment.
- Develop new or modified process formulations, defines processing or handling equipment requirements and specifications, develops techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrications, and evaluation of products.
- Coordinates design requirement reviews with appropriate engineering/scientific personnel to ensure compatibility of methods.
Experience, Skills, Requirements
- Experience in ultra-high vacuum processing required
- B.Sc in Physics, Material Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong SolidWorks experience
- Hands-on experience operating and maintaining pumping stations, vacuum pressure gauges, helium leak detectors, and pressurized gas cylinders for vacuum testing
- Understanding of proper handling and cleaning procedures for vacuum components
- Broad knowledge of pumping technologies, including ion pumps, getters, turbo pumps, and mechanical roughing pumps
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- mechanical engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement