SME is seeking a regular, full-time Environmental Staff Geologist, Scientist or Engineer to join our busy Environmental Services team in either our Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo, Michigan offices.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Collecting data and writing reports associated with soil, groundwater, and soil gas investigations, and brownfield redevelopments.
- Performing hydrogeological assessments, Ohio VAP assessments, underground tank removals, excavation oversight and remedial monitoring.
- Position may also include hazardous material assessments.
- Assisting our Environmental team with other projects as needed.
Requirements for this position include:
- A BS degree in Geology or Environmental Engineering is required and a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, with project managers and clients.
- Strong problem solving skills, organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to synthesize data and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- A clean driving record and experience driving in the U.S.
- Willing to travel to support other offices when needed, but will primarily support West Michigan
- The ability to stand for long periods of time and work in inclement weather.
- Willingness to travel to cover out-of-town overnight projects and to work overtime, including weekends, on an as-needed basis.
SME offers excellent opportunities forprofessional development and growth in a flexible, fast-paced working environment. Our robust benefits package for regular, full-time team members includes: medical/prescription coverage with no premiums required; dental/vision, life, disability and long-term care insurance coverage; matching 401(k); Profit Sharing; tuition reimbursement (upto $5000 per calendar year); and generous bonus and paid time off programs. SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For immediate consideration, please email cover letter and resume, including salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement