Work Shift: Weekends Friday - Sunday 6am - 6:30pm with $1.50/hour shift differential and paid for 40 hours per week
Reports to: MachineMaintenance Supervisor
Work Location: Clear Lake, SD
Salary Range: TBD
Job Summary: the Maintenance Technician will setup, maintain and repair machinery and equipment in industrial establishments by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
1. Setup equipment for new jobs as required. Train operators as required.
2. Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
3. Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variation with Manufacturing Engineer to diagnose problem or repair machine.
4. Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
5. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery as required.
6. Run production jobs as required.
7. Basic Welding as required to maintain facility equipment (must have completed basic weld training course prior to welding at Tech Ord).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Permanent resident of the United States (ITAR restrictions)
2. Must be eligible to possess explosive under the Safe Explosives Act of 2003 (as amended) as required by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms (ATF) for all employees of Tech Ord.
3. Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
4. Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
a. Implementation of procedures.
5. Working knowledge of electronics.
a. Basic understanding of electronic components and the ability to read/understand schematics.
6. Communicate and document effectively in English.
7. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
8. Ability to work with peers and supervisor employees as needed.
9. Ability to multi-task in support of end-result/goal.
10. Excellent organization skills.
11. Ability to set and establish priorities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
1. Ability to talk or hear.
2. Required to sit 10% of the workday.
3. Frequently required to stand; walk.
4. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;
5. Minimal lifting is required, 10 pounds, with assistance and/or move up to 50 pounds.
6. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus when viewing a computer monitor.
7. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives.
8. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly