The Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake hotel is conveniently located less than a half mile to Austin’s downtown major attractions. We are well known by business and leisure travelers alike, offering a downtown experience without expensive downtown hotel costs.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Engineer to help maintain the property, keep up with preventative maintenance and conduct other repairs as needed. Are you a customer service superstar looking for a new place to spread your wings? Come be a part of our lively, dynamic family!
- Complete minor repairs such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repair to pipe lines, toilets, sinks,kitchen and laundry equipment.
- HVAC experience is a plus
- Preventative maintenance of guest rooms and public space to brand standards
- Minor repairs to electrical and plumbing systems
- Efficiently restore and return all out of order rooms back into sellable inventory
- Maintain outside grounds of property including parking garage if requested
- Respond efficiently to guest complaints and provide service recovery for ultimate guest satisfaction
- Communicate with other departments to provide and promote teamwork
- Support and comply with all hotel policies and procedures
- Enhance guest experience by “WOWing” guests on a daily basis!
- One year of experience with building maintenance required
- Must have open availability to work AM/PM . Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays according to the needs and demands of the hotel
- Hotel maintenance experience is a plus!
- Must speak fluent English. Bilingual a plus!
- Strong communication, reading, writing skills.
- Must be able to move about the facility, frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing
- Ability to carry, lift, push, pull items weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Pre-employment background screen required
- Free Employee Meal (1 per shift)
- Free Employee Parking in our parking garage
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage Available
- Accident & Life Insurance
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Paid Bereavement Days
Come be a part of Austin’s Landmark Hotel – a one-of-a-kind hotel that our guests love!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Building maintenance: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location