FOX is a highly branded company with performance driven, segment leading products. Our packaging should embody the look, feel, and spirit of the brand while also being economical and environmentally friendly. This position is the first of its kind at FOX. The objective is to develop an integrated packaging strategy for shock finished goods and work with development teams to propagate that strategy throughout our aftermarket and OE businesses.
Under supervision of Engineering Management, you'll be responsible for the development, design, validation and project management of packaging projects, including new packaging designs, material conversions, packaging equipment procurement lifecycle and quality and regulatory compliance.
- Create packaging platforms for OE and AM. Establish supply chains and any needed design support. Help development groups utilize packaging platforms.
- Collaborate with Marketing, R&D, and MFG to appropriately balance cost, branding, and ease of assembly. Must be comfortable in a team environment.
- Design test plans to trouble shoot issues, identify root causes and ensure corrective actions are implemented to meet project milestones.
- Review designs for feasibility and accuracy.
- Identify, analyze and recommend new technologies or materials for specific applications.
- Prepare written policies, procedures, proposals and reports.
- Interface with customers to ensure that Fox packaging meets delivery and quality requirements.
- Interface with suppliers to ensure that packaging for incoming parts meets Fox quality and safety standards. Ensure that materials are handled in an effective and efficient manner from the supplier location to the manufacturing floor.
- Work with the manufacturing team to specify proper material handling procedures and processes throughout the manufacturing space.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering or a related area and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in packaging operations for automotive manufacturing or related industry.
- Working knowledge of packaging industry standards and regulations
- Highly developed project management skills including formalized methodologies, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team and interpersonal skills, strong planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Technical writing skills (i.e. CAD) for preparation of material specifications, mechanical drawing content and review, validation preparation and report writing