Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) builds high-performance computing products that stand up to some of the most extreme conditions on the planet. On the Automated Test Software team, you will be part of a burgeoning team building bleeding-edge tools to test our rugged embedded products.
This role offers a unique mix of advanced software development, low-level hardware interaction, and debug skill. You will take a large role in defining and guiding design practices, company-wide, and in educating and leading other software engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead software development and review in an Agile-based model, utilizing best practices in Python and C languages.
- Communicate with our customers across the company and innovate new solutions to meet their needs.
- Manage software deployment and update procedures for Raspberry Pi and other embedded platforms.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure, including servers and software libraries, used throughout the company.
- Work with a wide range of technologies, interfaces, and designs that push the boundaries of automated testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- High proficiency with Python.
- 5 years of related technical experience.
- Python asynchronous programming, test frameworks, or web frameworks.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps environments, such as Gitlab and Docker.
- Highly self-motivated in order to drive projects forward, with strong organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Extreme Engineering Solutions offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including:
- No-deductible, low-copay group health and dental insurance (90% employer paid)
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus eight paid holidays a year
- Safe Harbor 401(k) contribution
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
X-ES takes a casual, small-business approach to company culture. At our state-of-the-art office and manufacturing facility located in Madison’s growing tech corridor, there’s no formal dress code, flexible scheduling, and dedicated personal workspaces.
Our employees kick back at regular company events, enjoy lunches from local pizza places and food carts, and celebrate team milestones with fun treats. At X-ES, we strive to offer a comfortable, relaxed environment for our employees to do their best work.
When “rugged enough” isn’t rugged enough for embedded computing systems, industry leaders in the military, aerospace, industrial, and commercial sectors turn to Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES). Because we strive to be the premier provider of mission-critical embedded products while delivering exceptional levels of customer and employee satisfaction, we hire strong contributors and give them space to thrive. As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees both drive and directly benefit from our success. Together, we meticulously design and build products that stand up to some of the most extreme conditions on the planet.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other category protected by law.
All X-ES job postings and application procedures are posted in compliance with Section 39.08 of the Madison General Ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location