- Makes field inspections of public swimming pools and toxic and hazardous materials storage facilities and related environmental health projects to assure compliance with local and state ordinances;
- Assists Public Health Engineers on special projects and studies;
- Prepares drafts of engineering reports and correspondence pertinent to environmental health matters;
- Makes inspections of soil tests in connection with proposed realty subdivisions and commercial and industrial buildings;
- Assists in the training of water, sewage plant and swimming pool operators; participates in orientation and training of environmental sanitation personnel.
Full Performance Knowledges, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics:
- Good knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of sanitary and public health engineering;
- some knowledge of modem techniques, current literature and various sources of technical information;
- ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions;
- ability to perform engineering computations;
- ability express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- ability to analyze factual and technical data;
- physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
- Graduation from a New York State or Regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
Necessary Special Requirement
- At the time of appointment, and during employment in this title, employees will be required to possess a valid license to operate a motor while in New York Stale.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $48,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location