ESC is the leading provider of environmental air monitoring software for electric utilities in the US. We have been in business for over 50 years, have a stable business model, and have continued to stay profitable through several economic downturns.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to design, build, and improve multi-tier client/server applications using the latest .NET technologies and development processes. Strong C#, .Net Framework and WPF skills are required.
What We Offer:
- Full-time, permanent position
- Relocation package available
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, company-paid Life,STD, LTD Insurance.
- Vacation & Sick leave
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Relaxed work environment
- Learning environment
- Free on-site fitness center
- Free off-site company events
- Free Snacks
- On-site Foosball and Xbox/Nintendo in game room
- Newly remodeled location near The Domain
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Build new applications with a consistent framework to insure testability and maintainability.
- Work collaboratively with developers and product owners to decompose requirements into actionable tasks and insure timely features delivery.
- Create technical design specifications and work with QA to align understanding of requirements in user stories and to develop system test plans.
- Refactor existing application code to improve system performance, consistency, stability, and development process.
- Design and implement proof of concepts/components when required.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, data structure and algorithms.
- 4+ years of experience developing enterprise-level systems using C# and .NET Framework (e.g. enterprise apps, Microsoft ASP .Net MVC or Web API).
- 3+ years experience in WPF and MVVM framework such as Caliburn Micro or Prism. Knowledge of UI toolkits such as DevExpress, mahaoos.metro, Infragistics, Telerik is a plus.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Entity Framework (or other ORMs) and LINQ.
- 2+ years of SQL and relational database design using Microsoft SQL 2012 or above, T-Sql, data access, and best practices.
- Good understanding of unit testing framework (NUnit or XUnit) and how to write clean, error-tolerant code using TDD.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft DevOps and source control tools (GIT).
- Good team player, hungry and self-starter that can work well in a team environment
- Experience with continuous integration, build processes and deployment tools is a plus.
ESC is the leading provider of environmental air quality monitoring software in the US. Over 40% of electric utility power plants use ESC software to monitor their smokestack emissions for required reporting to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and state regulatory agencies. And we are continuing to grow by expanding to serve petroleum refineries and petrochemical plants. ESC currently has a team of over 70 software, product, and support engineers and other support personnel.
Our teams are made up of dedicated, smart and reliable employees. Our values are at the center of our business:
1. "We, not me"
2. "Game On"
3. "Do right by the Customer"
ESC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to age, race, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of a mental, physical or sensory disability.
Indeed Hire and Environmental Systems Corporation are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $92,000.00 - $114,000.00 per year
- developing enterprise-level systems using C# and .NET Framework (e.g. enterprise apps, Microsoft ASP .Net MVC or Web API): 4 years (Required)
- Entity Framework, MS-SQL: 2 years (Required)
- .Net backend architect design: 5 years (Required)
- architect design and framework: 1 year (Required)
- backend .Net technology: 2 years (Required)
- Austin, TX: Between 31 and 40 miles (Required)