About Us: Charter Technology Solutions is a niche managed services provider in the K-12 education sector. We are located in Brooklyn, NY. Learn more about us at www.charterts.com
Summary: We are actively seeking a summer intern to assist in technology projects for a rapidly growing MSP focused on the K-12 education market. The summer intern will work in teams and under the guidance of Project Engineers to complete summer refresh projects in schools, which include deployments of laptops and tablets, as well as network, WiFi, telephony and A/V equipment for classrooms.
Title: Systems Engineer Intern
Hours and Location: This is a summer internship position with work performed at our Brooklyn offices, and client sites in Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens. Expected hours are Mondays – Fridays from 9am – 6pm. Availability for overtime and occasional weekend work may be required, with compensation.
Compensation and Benefits: Summer interns are paid at a rate of $15 - $20/hour depending on prior experience and will learn valuable skills to become capable Systems Engineers.
- Assist with deployment of business networks and systems including but not limited to Cisco, SonicWall, Ubiquiti and Meraki
- Technical documentation of network configurations, inventories and labeling
- Trouble-shooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, switches, routers, and wireless
- Managing multi-site Windows Active Directory and Office 365 environments
- Windows 10 workstation setup, configuration and troubleshooting
- Google Chrome OS setup, configuration and troubleshooting
- Basic working knowledge of Mac OSX
- Workstation management and inventory
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Windows Server, Exchange, Windows 10
- Working knowledge of Mac and Apple products
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Proficiency with iPhones, iPad, Android and other mobile devices
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities are a must
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional organization and documentation skills
- Well-motivated, driven to succeed and grow in a fast-paced and competitive setting
- Can handle multiple tasks with clear sense of ownership and priority
Charter Technology Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Charter Technology Solutions (CTS) is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. CTS hires and promotes individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
CTS provides all its team members with safety equipment for fieldwork.
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Windows: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Windows Server: 1 year (Preferred)
- TCP/IP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mac OS: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible