We are looking for a sharp Air Quality Engineer/Scientist (Mid-Senior Level) to join our team in the Northern CA Region (San Jose, Berkeley). We are a growing, highly respected environmental air quality consulting firm based out of Orange County, California.
We work on a wide variety of environmental and air quality permitting and compliance projects, across a diverse range of California industries and locations. We offer a friendly, high-performance, team-oriented work environment where professionals can grow amongst their respective peers. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to expand their professional development in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week from one of our Northern CA offices (San Jose or Berkeley) during our normal business hours of 8am-5pm. We offer a full benefits package including Paid Time Off, Holidays, Full Medical/Dental/Vision, along with a 401k with company match.
The Air Quality Engineer/Scientist (Mid-Senior Level) performs professional engineering
work of considerable difficulty executing the compliance and permitting functions in relation to Air Quality Regulations and Compliance. This candidate will be analyzing permit-related technical and regulatory issues, and communicating those analyses within the department, with applicants, with other agencies and with the public at large; performs other duties as required or assigned.
This is a Mid-Senior Level position working under general supervision. Positions at this level are assigned to perform the more complex and sensitive duties in the occupational field. The employee in this position may be assigned to train other employees and/or monitor work produced by other employees.
- 7-20 years of work experience in the air quality industry in an engineering role (preferably in a consulting environment);
- Experience with air permitting for Title V, RECLAIM, Annual Emissions Reporting, Air Dispersion Modeling, Air Quality Assessments including Data Analysis and Emission Inventories;
- Ability to be an active team member on project teams and technical staff to project completion within project scope, budget and schedule and ensure quality work product and deliverables;
- Ability to manage successful relationships with clients, staff, and regulators through effective communication and expertise by fostering a collaborative environment without losing focus of quality;
- Experience with working on-site at client facilities;
- Proven track record of successful regulatory work in dealing with the SJVAPCD, BAAQMD, EPA, CARB and other similar regulatory agencies;
- Experience in conflict resolution and prioritizing tasks;
- Highly motivated to continue working in air quality environmental field and expand their knowledge and experience;
- CA experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Analysis, interpretation, and application of rules and regulations towards practical solutions;
- Project management experience;
- Advanced computer applications and database management.
- Leadership capabilities and experience;
- Strong Microsoft 365, Sharepoint, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access abilities;
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, or other relevant degrees from an accredited college;
- Master’s degree preferred (not required);
- P.E. certification preferred (not required).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday