Kairos Power, is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power is seeking a highly motivated Chemical Process Engineer with expertise relevant to production of chemicals for commercial applications. In this role, you will contribute to development and deployment of the company’s process engineering capabilities. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Work closely with external partners to develop a key chemical production process
- Understand critical process parameters and sources of variation to ensure processes reliably meet stringent product requirements
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, including experimental campaigns to deliver proof of concept
- Support operations as needed
- BS or MS degree in Chemical Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of process engineering experience is preferred
- Experience in developing and troubleshooting heat and mass balances
- Experience developing and reviewing PFDs and P&IDs
- Strong understanding of CAPEX/OPEX implications in process design decisions
- General process modeling experience
- Laboratory and other experimental experience including hands-on experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking abilities required
- Experience with pilot plant operations and Organic Chemistry preferred
- Scaling chemical processes from laboratory to plant
Physical & Environments Conditions
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- High-concentration, demanding and fast paced
- Autonomously driven and demanding atmosphere
- Travel up to 30% to other Kairos Power offices and customer/vendor locations
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time