Since 1948 Follett LLC has led the industry in designing and manufacturing high quality, innovative ice storage bins, ice storage and transport systems, ice machines, ice and water dispensers, ice and beverage dispensers, and medical-grade refrigerators and freezers for the foodservice and healthcare industries.
Follett is currently looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Healthcare/Life Sciences Engineering Team!
This key position will contribute to the strategic growth of the Healthcare/Life Science business unit by launching new products and innovative features in the refrigerator and freezer lines. The successful candidate will lead their team in delivering new product launches, quality improvement and cost reduction projects; providing Engineering expertise in refrigeration; resolving product performance issues; sourcing suppliers; and managing staff.
Specifics Responsibilities :
- Collaborates with Marketing and other functions in defining new products and projects.
- Meets key project deliverables by defining scope, requirements, milestones, and measures of success; assigning appropriate resources; managing progress, schedule, budgets, and delivery timelines; validating design and test results.
- Achieves Engineering initiatives and objectives by clarifying outcomes; conferring with other functions, suppliers, and external resources; establishing key metrics; managing individual results; monitoring progress and reporting to upper management.
- Provides engineering expertise by consulting in the development, design, improvement, upgrade, performance, cost-reduction, quality, manufacturability, reliability, and serviceability.
- Designs new product by studying customer requirements, market demands, and competitors' products; conferring with other members of management; directing and approving design and modification activities.
- Supports patent and trademark application by identifying and resolving potential intellectual property opportunities and infringement risks associated with new product designs.
- Ensures the adherence of products to current requirements of UL, NSF, CE, CSA, and other government regulations by certifying accurate product design documentation and specifications, including 3D CAD assembly models, component details, bills of material, critical process parameters and assembly requirements to insure product quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field; advanced engineering or business degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a management-level, lead or principal engineer position in commercial refrigerated products or appliances with reliability engineering and value engineering.
- Expertise in refrigeration system engineering including advanced thermodynamics, heat exchange, air flow, refrigeration component selection, and insulation, preferred.
- Expertise in the design and development of refrigerator and/or freezers a plus.
- Demonstrated product development/project management success.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with mechanical design, appliance controls and components, and refrigeration system design and applications.
If this excites you, then Follett is where you’ll want to continue your career. Submit your most recent resume.
Follett LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
- Design and development of refrigerator and/or freezers: 1 year (Required)
- Mechanical design, appliance controls and components: 1 year (Required)
- Refrigeration system engineering: 1 year (Required)
- Commercial refrigerated products or appliances: 1 year (Required)
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?