K2 Construction Consultants, Inc. is an industry leader in construction management and project controls consulting services who is seeking highly skilled professionals wanting to impact the operational performance of local and global companies in our industry while working in a motivating and rewarding atmosphere.
The Senior Application Design Engineer is a member of the Project Control Systems (PCS) team and is responsible for supporting delivery and project execution ensuring successful technology integrations into our clients’ environments.
- Provide and apply SharePoint (SP), Workflow, and Forms subject matter expertise to automate complex enterprise-level business processes.
- Act as an SP, InfoPath, Nintex, PowerApps, Flow, and/or PowerBI subject matter expert/designer/developer with knowledge of SharePoint upgrades and migration in SP Online/2013/2016 and potentially 2019. Must have expertise in SP application management as well as hands-on SP upgrade models, processes, and best practices.
- Participate as a member of K2 PCS delivery teams in effective discovery sessions to understand clients’ business objectives and needs and to promote the identification of suitable construction project management solutions.
- Support the K2 Solutions Architect and K2 teams in the identification, development, and delivery of solutions and products supporting construction project control and integration with other enterprise applications.
- Accurately document solution requirements and work effectively with the K2 team, client, stakeholders, and end-users to ensure requirements have been satisfied.
- Approach problem solving with a sense of urgency, while ensuring an actionable, knowledgeable approach coordinated with both the client and K2 PCS team.
- Identify and document solution requirements.
- Develop materials, lead, support, and track metrics for client training sessions.
- Share technical expertise with other Agile Scrum development team members.
- Support clients through soft launch and go-live processes and play a key role in promoting solution adoption.
- Work with project leaders to understand client priorities, assigned project responsibilities, and keep projects on schedule.
- Communicate progress and expectations, escalating problems to team leadership timely for awareness or resolution.
- Act as an integral member in the delivery of enterprise-wide implementations of SharePoint, Procore, Unifier or other construction project control tools and technologies.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college with a focus on business and information technology.
- Strong working knowledge of SharePoint.
- Familiarity with Procore and/or Unifier and other construction technology project controls applications.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies with technical and math aptitude.
- Enterprise-level business project experience with strong process analysis, design, and documentation skills.
- Analytical nature with the ability to solve complex business issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to persuade, negotiate, and resolve conflicts.
- Political savvy, self-awareness, self-management, and social awareness, especially with respect to client relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially for presentations and training materials.
- Ability to anticipate needs at a high level to organize and plan accordingly.
- Extremely detail-oriented and customer-focused.
- Excellent attitude and motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Technical ability to learn, achieve, and maintain relevant software application, customization, and installation certifications.
- Strong up-to-date knowledge of project software to include MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
Preferred Education and Experience
- Agile Product Owner or Development Team Member.
- Process Improvement including Lean and Lean Six Sigma.
- Microsoft PowerApps, InfoPath, Nintex, or other forms and workflow experience.
- SharePoint design, setup, and administration experience.
- Software development background or experience working for a software company.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Power Platform Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Power Apps + Dynamics 365 Solution Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement