Position Title: Weld Engineer
World Class, Tier 1 Automotive Supplier located in Bowling Green, Kentucky that offers employees a competitive salary and great family benefits, profit share bonuses as well as relocation assistance packages if needed.
The Weld Engineer is responsible for conducting analysis of welds applied to manufacturing process and provide direction to improve weld process in order to ensure compliance with customer weld specifications and quality requirements.
· Follow and promote the plant’s safety rules and procedures.
· Promote an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard.
· 5S Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy “Everything has a place. Everything in its place”.
· Promote MAFACT benchmarks to achieve World Class Manufacturing.
· Attend and participate in Team, Department, Plantwide and any other meetings as required.
· Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
· Communicate and make presentations related to welding in front of the customer
· Assume full ownership for all welding related quality issues and drive to successful resolution and then ensure lessons learned are cascaded across all similar processes
· Evaluate weld documentation and test results to ensure compliance with all customer specifications
· Provide direction on continuous improvement efforts to improve the quality of welds
· Provide direction on application of welds during process development to optimize line throughput while still maintaining customer weld specifications
· Stay abreast of improvements in technology in an effort to keep the organization at the forefront of welding and implement improvements that will be beneficial to the division
· Participate in welding best practices meetings with other divisions to share and learn the latest weld strategies
· Support quoting activities for new and existing business
Education and Experience:
· Post-secondary Welding education preferred, or related experience
· Experience dealing directly with customers (OEMs preferred)
· Manufacturing Experience (Welding, Stamping, Robotics)
· Automotive experience preferred
· Fast-paced automotive stamping manufacturing environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Welding: 3 years (Preferred)